Are you tired of eating the same old recipes at home during lockdown? Want to try something new and exciting, that doesn’t take a whole lot of effort? Ever since the quarantine lockdown, I and my husband have been following numerous cooking channels for new exciting recipes. Our recent find has been this super easy minimal ingredient dish called Red Velvet Pasta.
Full disclosure, if you’re not a fan of beetroot, then probably skip this recipe. You can instead look at some of my desi creations that I’ve posted on this website.
- Punjabi Kadhi Pakoda | Easy To Do Recipe For Lazy Weekends
- Top 3 Instagram Accounts For The Best Veg Food Inspiration
What Is Red Velvet Pasta?
This recipe is nothing but a simple beetroot pasta. We did this fun naming thing on missnautitales Instagram where I asked what to name this pasta dish. Initially I called it blood pasta because of it’s rich colour. But red velvet pasta sounds so much better, isn’t it?
Truth be told, the dish was end to end made by my husband. I simply saw the creation once it was done. It took him some time to do the prep. But once that was done, it’s merely a 10 min assembly time to plate up the dish.
Ingredients For Making Red Velvet Pasta
- Boiled Beetroots (1)
- Onions (1)
- Spaghetti Pasta or any other pasta you might have at home
Other Ingredients Used
- Chilli Powder
- Garlic Cloves (3-4)
- A Few Nuts (2-3). You can use any nuts (Cashew, Almonds, Walnuts, Hazelnuts) you have at home. We used Walnuts.
- Feta Cheese (Original Recipe). We didn’t have that so we used fresh homemade Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- Seasoning Ingredients – Organo, Chilli Flakes and Salt
How Do You Make Red Velvet Pasta?
I’m not taking any credit. We followed two YouTube tutorials to make this dish. Of course, you can add your twist to it if you like.